Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All I wanted was lighter brown/dirty blonde hair

My mother’s friend Joanna said the bravest thing I did in Africa was get my hair cut but I think actually the bravest/stupidest thing I have done was try to lighten my medium brown hair just a tad.

Kig, S1 garden, hair 012                                                     Kig, S1 garden, hair 015

First Result: Orange with blonde roots (Light brown dye)

Kig, S1 garden, hair 113                                                           Si Skits and Mid Service 124

Second:                                                                                         Third:

Strawberry Blonde (Bleach + light brown)                    Redhead (brown wash-out  dye)

I finally sought professional help who said red is remarkably hard to get rid of. The plan was dark brown and and the result….

 IMG_9108

Dark brownish purple

3 comments:

  1. Jane, Jane - you would be beautiful with green hair ... and, technically, if I remember my color-wheel, it would get rid of red (opposite + opposite = grey?!) but I'm not suggesting that!!
    I love the Lake Kivu pictures - too bad you couldn't swim <:(
    xox
    Brigid

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the purple does bring us full circle back to 8th grade when I believe someone called you a "Smurf Wannabee."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama, glad to know your memory works when it counts.

    Brigi\... I think you are totally right but this damn country is not equipped with the counter green to deal with muzungu hair

    ReplyDelete