Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Rwanda is a sea without waves

Today I taught my kids about smilies and metaphors then had them come up with their own. Here are a few of my favorites. I might add to the list later in the week so check back

Rwanda is a sea without waves.

Jane is an angel. (The Jane=Angel theme recurred fairly often in boys work)

The pen's ink was as red as blood. The pen's ink was blood. (same student, his smilie and then metaphor)

You are my heart.

Paulin plays basketballl like Kobe Bryant.

Her lips were Angelina Jolie's.

She sings like a bird.

You are my backbone.

You are my sun.

1 comment:

  1. These are so sweet, can't wait for the sequel. Jane is an angel is my personal favorite, for obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete