Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

My assignment-Nyanza

I found out my placement in Rwanda. I will be living alone and the only American at my school. Below is the info I got from my program director.

 

Hi Jane,

I hope you're dong well and getting excited to leave for Kigali so soon :)

I am very excited to tell you about your placement at E.S. St. Louis de Monfort de Nyanza.  Your Headmaster's name is Jean and he is one of the warmest men we've met here..  His English is good, but your French will come in handy :)   He is requesting you to teach English and Computers. It is a boarding school of about 600 students and is about 2 hours south of Kigali.

Nyanza is the 8th biggest town in Rwanda and where the king's palace is located.  It is about 40 minutes from Butare and there are lots of young English speakers nearby.  We will be doing our teaching practicum there, so you will get a nice preview of your school then :)

As for your accommodation, it was a nice (huge) house with running water and electricity. (30% of the time!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment