Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Monday, March 1, 2010

March Challenge

My friend Joco is leading the WorldTeach Rwanda crew in a very special March challenge. The challenge is to write a novel in one month! (roughly 1500 words a day) The idea is just to be creative and to challenge yourself to finish something thus having a sense of accomplishment… the point, luckily, is not for it to be good. I am starting off like all good authors and ripping off someone else. My own brother in fact. I am writing a “novel” based on a story he told me many years ago.

Already I am feeling swamped by March! When you give tests to 6 classes of 50 kids, you have a lot of bloody papers to grade! I also am committed to my blog writing and my gang. Plus, my DVD collection increased 1000 fold by the arrival of Glee, True Blood, 30 Rock and 90210 from my dear friend Erica. So, I will keep updating as much as I can in March, but I may give some snippets of the novel certain days, just to keep my workload in check.

3 comments:

  1. I would never stand in the way of your writing a novel, but please don't let it supplant your blog. Because it is just plain fantastic. I brag about it all the time and now I don't even apologize for my behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same! the blog helped me to know that jane was on break during classes so i could call her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog! blog! blog! .... but please send us your novel too ;D

    ReplyDelete