Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Monday, August 16, 2010

I lost my pinky toenail!

After a wonderful three weeks with my mother, it is back to reality and Nyanza. My Mom and  travelled from Nyanza (Where she was a smash hit) to Akagera National Park to Safari. Then we left Rwanda and headed to Kampala. Kampala is a big noisy city with lots of traffic and at times was hard to take- then we found the mall. I LOVE the Kampala Mall- Garden City and its glass bottles of Coke Light. From Kampala we took 2 day trips- one to Jinja to see the Source of the Nile and one to Entebbe. Then we flew to Zanzibar and settled in for relaxation in Paradise. This is a pretty weak accounting of our fab trip- but it was so jam packed it would be hard to describe everything. The best part of the trip was being with my Mom. She had never been to Africa and it was the longest time she had ever left the US for. That said, we had a perfect time-even remarking how amazing it was we never got on each other's nerves.
8 months into my adventure and I am officially New York/ Familysick. I miss my city and my family. I was mildly afraid after so much togetherness I would collapse into loneliness. But so far, my return to my little house in my village has been good. Kids are thrilled I am back (Belle Filles holds out her arms for a hug whenever she sees me), My house seems calm and relaxing not lonely, and school is still abuzz over how great my mom is. Only bad thing- My pinky toenail fell offf last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment