Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

JaneJohn&Jo Moving Day

This weekend my friends John and Jo came to Nyanza to help me move my stuff into my new house (actually, they were just supposed to admire the new house butt moving was delayed so they ended up having to help).  Besides being our actual names, John, Jane and Jo are also Victorian orphans who will be the central characters of John’s March novel. The modern day JJJ  spent Friday night at John’s house in Save. Moving was delayed until 5pm so we spent the morning in Buture looking around the market, eating and getting haircuts. Jo lost us in the market and John and I were on the 4 stage of grief by the time we found her. John was not amused by her independence. Then we hopped on a bus to Nyanza. John said “Don’t buy tickets, we can just pay when we get there” This resulted in us being THROWN off the back row of a completely packed bus 2 minutes before departure. We got the next one though and moving commenced with help from the Gang, Aloldi (my future housegirl) and Headmaster Jean.

By the time it was done, it was rain storming and the power was out but we had wine and watched British comedy (I am Alan Partridge). I was also able to have a lovely phone conversation with my mom un which I announced i could not possibly be happier. But alas, fifteen minutes later after those words came out my mouth, all of the windows on one side of the house flooded. It’s Rwanda!

IMG_6343

 

IMG_6363

IMG_6359  

IMG_6348

IMG_6366

IMG_6368

IMG_6370

IMG_6373

I will post more house pictures when I have everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment