Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

To move or not to move?

A few weeks ago the idea of living in San Francisco popped into my head. I happened to mention the idea to my cousin Jennifer, a New Yorker who moved out west, got married, had babies and stayed. I asked her if she always misses NYC or if she loves the West Coast. Her answer was a mixed bag and she said I should really come out. Last week, we worked out a plan and here I am!
Yesterday, as I was getting on the plane I thought I really could never leave New York long-term. My whole entire family is there. It was also recently brought to my attention that not all families get along in the same way as mine.  It's truly a blessing how close we all. Besides physical proximity, my nuclear family (plus additions) genuinely enjoy each other's company. How could I leave that?
When I arrived to the basement room of Jennifer's house that will be mine for the next 2 weeks, I started to reconsider. The guest room/basement play space is literally 3 times the size of my studio in New York. Literally as in literally.  And there is a washer and dryer, and my own bathroom. I could not only do yoga without hitting anything, I could throw a rocking dance party. There is a double bed, a table with 3 chairs, a couch and closet space.
Family is one thing, closet space another.


1 comment:

  1. welcome to the west coast dearie. enjoy the crap out of that washer/dryer... once you have one it's hard to go back.

    ReplyDelete