Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Picture this

School has been mayhem all week. I arrived Monday 8AM sharp to be told by a student at the gate there was no school. Okay. Then, it was supposed to be a review week before exams, but instead some exams, no exams, teachers stealing my hours, classes in the wrong rooms. Oh, and my exams aren’t on the real exam schedule.  By Wednesday, I was a tiny bit frazzled.

So, picture this, I am 3/5 of the way through a practical ICT exam (on the computer) and the power goes out. I did not swear, did not cry, did not collapse into a puddle of goo on the floor. I simply buried my head in my hands and wailed “Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo”

When I resurfaced, there were kind faces looking all at me with concern. Students for whom advanced calculus is far easier than typing their name said “It’s okay teacher, we will wait and see if the power comes back on” and “Don’t worry, we will do it again” And they did. They started from scratch (not having saved per my directions) and although I left the room an hour and half later than planned, I was proud of my kids.

1 comment:

  1. These kids could teach American students a little lesson in kindness!

    ReplyDelete