Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Monday, May 17, 2010

I need help when…

Last week, I translated the song “Lean on me” with all my classes as a nice easy semester opening. Then I asked them to write 5 sentences about a time in their life when they needed help.  My goals were vocabulary use, past tense, and relaying a real event. Here are some of the verbatim responses. These are all from 4th form (roughly tenth graders).

  • I need a help of money I want to get richman if someone give me money I will get rich, and I need help in my studies to be one line with others
  • Firstly when I was a child my parents died. till this time I was stay with my grand brothers and sisters until now. After the death of our parents I need some people to help me in my life because I couldn’t live alone with my brothers and sisters only.
  • …When I am sleeping in the classroom I need some one who wake up me…  I am not happy I need someone who come take a story.
  • …If someone is sneezing, I can tell him God Bless You.
  • In My Life. In my life I need a help in my studies because I want to continue to University. I need someone who can give advice or information about business. I need much know because I’ll become myself who helps others. In my life I want to see other countries, and after know their stories. My suggestion is to be a doctor for preparing my best future.
  • When I was a baby, when I had had stench in my clothes. When someone told me words which have hurted my heart. When I had an accident at Nyabugogo taxi park. When I was going to be begotten (to borne), me and my mother needed help of a doctor or midwife. When I was crying because my grandfather had died. When I have been stolen all of my clothes. When I have lost my school fees.
  • First of all I need a person who can help me to keep my mind when I am afraid or when I’m sad or when I have a problem that person is my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment