Put your email in here to get posts delivered fresh to your inbox!

right here!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Susan and Jane’s excellent adventure

Hooka and Parents Day 022

This weekend was a mix of iPod related trauma and piles of fun with my friend Susan. I found out on Friday that she is leaving Rwanda and I support her 1000 percent. She is making absolutely the right decision for her. If I had her placement I would have been on a plane a long time ago. Selfishly I am devastated as its sort of like being separated from a Siamese twin. Susan and I were destined to be buds after we discovered a mutual US Weekly love on our initial plane ride from DC to Abbas.

All my friends were incredibly supportive during all my iPod related near break downs. On Friday we spent 5 hours at a cafe trying to download the “restore” software that might be able to fix my frozen iPod. 30 minutes from completion the download ended and zero-ed out!  Big glass of wine and some buds were responsible for holding back my tears.

Saturday morning, we started the day by announcing luck had changed and I would be able to complete the fix. 4 hours at a different cafe and 59 minutes until completion the same thing happened. Susan reassured me that now the good part of the day was starting and not to worry. So, like any respectable American girls, we went shopping and had our nails done.  Again, it seemed the good part of the day was starting.  After trying again for only an hour, it timed out again. We decided a beer was in order, we drank and Susan recounted what she had read so far from Oprah’s autobiography. After we left and were headed out, we were walking down the street and a bird shat on my hand.  Now our luck HAD to change. Then, after a dinner at our favorite place- Shake and Sip, we went and did hooka with a few other buddies from Worldteach Just a few… like 12!  We also celebrated all the May and June birthdays. Happy Birthday Meghan and Kyle. Long story short, my new very expensive iPod does not seem to be fixable until I can be in country with better internet. At least I have my friends. I still miss my iPod though

Hooka and Parents Day 015 Emma

Hooka and Parents Day 007

Hooka and Parents Day 011 Meghan, birthday girl

Hooka and Parents Day 032 Susan, Emma, Me and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment